mandag 20. april 2015

Altered Art with a Mixed Media flare

Hello! Boy am I excited to show you all this!
I've been working on it for days, with layers upon layers of dryingtime and waiting.... 
But I am so pleased with the result, and it's gotten the spot of honour on my crafting desk :)

I used my empty perfume bottle, Ed Hardy's Skulls and Roses (image from Fragrantica.com),
so this is the before image :)

 And then my fun started! First, sanding it down and giving it two layers of white gesso
 When it was dry, I misted the entire thing with LSG's Freaky Frankenlime and Rusty Lantern Lime
  Then I started with Testure paste - my newest love! Between the lid (put on crooked) and the skull itself I added some brainy parts, I also made some smaller strands to resemble crackedareas. Then...leave to dry....for a Loooooong time :)
The brains were drizzled with ReInkers Spiced Marmelade and Tea Dye. When that dried I added some Brown ink that I had for my fountainpen, and left to... mmh, that yes, to dry :P Meanwhile I used texturepaste to make cracks with a stancil, when they were dry I misted them with Frankenlime, Pegleg Pete Purple and Steel Shimmer before I glued them on the skull
 I then plattered it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze Chianti ang Glimmer Glam Lime Cordial, and then it got to dry :)
Then I added some Distress ink around the eyes, in Ripe Persimmon and Squeezed Lemonade, and I let it run a bit, then i detailed further with the Glimmer Glam. I added loads to the eyesockets and let it run down with the distress ink.

And tadaa, I have my very own ZombieSkull with it's brains coming out :)
I hope you enjoyed my mixed media altered art piece as much as I did! 

Challenges:
(colour and recycling - and hopefully making someone green!)
CAGI - Starts with B (blood, bone, black, brains)

15 kommentarer:

DonnaMundinger sa...

Wowee, Laila! This is beyond awesome! Talk about some fabulous recycling! Love, love, LOVE those oozing brains. Looks like you had a ball with this. Thanks so much for joining us in the dungeon at Haunted Design House. xxD

La Papera Gialla sa...

Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge and good luck!
Monica - DT

cass sa...

Fun project. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight for our "Recycle Something" Challenge.

Sue sa...

Wow this is fantastic! thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' hugs Sue xxx

Chris sa...

An amazing project...must have been fun to make! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

massofhair sa...

Amazing work with the texture paste and re-inkers looks so real!

Thank you for taking part in our challenge.

Mo :-)
DT MMW

KristyLee sa...

Oh my goodness! Amazing project, lots of work, but it turned out wonderful. Love the used of the paste to make your brainy things! You did a very terrific job. Thank you for sharing with us at LOC!
Peace,
KristyLee
(LOC DT)

Julia sa...

Very creative art this week! Lovely colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog!!!

Sammy sa...

Oh wow, what a transformation! Fantastic! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Melanie sa...

A great project!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "things that start with B” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Deborah Wainwright sa...

Wow what a fab transformation. Thanks for playing along with MMW. Hugs Debsxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) sa...

You have put so much into this item. Very creative!

Thank you for participating in last week’s Sweet Stampin’ ABAC Challenge! We have a new challenge this week. I hope you’ll check it out and participate in it, too!

Shirl sa...

Wow what a lot of work that has gone into this project. No wonder it has pride of place on your desk. Looks awesome. Thanks for taking part in our challenge over at UYS - DT Shirl

Shirl sa...

Wow what a lot of work that has gone into this project. No wonder it has pride of place on your desk. Looks awesome. Thanks for taking part in our challenge over at UYS - DT Shirl

Andrea C sa...

Well isn't this just a dandy! This is incredible. Thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at Haunted Design House. :)