mandag 15. juni 2015

GewGaws and other thingamajigs

Wooooohpi! 
I got to be Gruesome Twosome at the Haunted Design House, and I get to play along with those amazingly talented ladies as a GDT in June; 
As you already know, the theme is 
GewGaws / Junebugs

 I got my modellingpaste out, and got to making me some decorative kritters! :D 
 I shaped them in portions and left to dry before I assembled them.
 My little green fella' is about 8cm long. He's painted with black gesso, before I gave him several layers of nailpolish... (yes! nailpolish!) There is a neon yellow bazse, woth two layers metallic green, and then camoflage green detailing. The white parts are gelpen :)
My spider got the same treatment, with two layers midnight black, and then metallic red on the body. 

I hope you enjoy my bugs! I sure do, they are part of my table-decoration now, in a midst of flowers
(I sure hope no-one wants to sqaut them!)

Challenges: 
Papertake - For the boys
Create and Inspire - All goes

9 kommentarer:

Creepy Glowbugg sa...

You actually made these out of modeling paste? I thought they were rubber bugs you altered with paint. Brilliant work, Laila!!!
Thank you for being our guest in the dungeon this month.
And don't forget, even though Mark likes to sashay around the dungeon dressed in flowing gowns, doesn't make him any less a man.

Monique Van dijk sa...

They are sooo real looking. You did an amazing job

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) sa...

WOW! They are so realistic! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Goin’ Buggy’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Susan Salyer sa...

I am not a bug person and they look to real for me. Thank you so much for the artistic flair you did do a fabulous job. Thank you for joining us at create and inspire challenge.

Susan Renshaw sa...

I thought this was a 'nature' blog - they look so real! Thanks for sharing with Create and inspire!

Steph sa...

Wow, these are amazing! I've seen the decorated plastic bugs before but these are way cooler! You've done a fabulous job in making them so realistic, yet so pretty with their shine. Thanks for sharing with us over at LOC challenges this week.

Terri's Cards N' More sa...

Oh, my goodness, Laila. These bugs are amazing. They are so realistic. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Goin' Buggy" challenge.

glendabrooks.blogspot.com sa...

Your critters are too realistic for me! I wanted to climb away from them. Well done! Thanks for joining us a The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Judy McKay sa...

Interesting work. Inspiring work. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It Challenges this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT