Hello! Boy am I excited to show you all this!
I've been working on it for days, with layers upon layers of dryingtime and waiting....
But I am so pleased with the result, and it's gotten the spot of honour on my crafting desk :)
I used my empty perfume bottle, Ed Hardy's Skulls and Roses (image from Fragrantica.com),
so this is the before image :)
And then my fun started! First, sanding it down and giving it two layers of white gesso
When it was dry, I misted the entire thing with LSG's Freaky Frankenlime and Rusty Lantern Lime
Then I started with Testure paste - my newest love! Between the lid (put on crooked) and the skull itself I added some brainy parts, I also made some smaller strands to resemble crackedareas. Then...leave to dry....for a Loooooong time :)
The brains were drizzled with ReInkers Spiced Marmelade and Tea Dye. When that dried I added some Brown ink that I had for my fountainpen, and left to... mmh, that yes, to dry :P Meanwhile I used texturepaste to make cracks with a stancil, when they were dry I misted them with Frankenlime, Pegleg Pete Purple and Steel Shimmer before I glued them on the skull
I then plattered it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze Chianti ang Glimmer Glam Lime Cordial, and then it got to dry :)
Then I added some Distress ink around the eyes, in Ripe Persimmon and Squeezed Lemonade, and I let it run a bit, then i detailed further with the Glimmer Glam. I added loads to the eyesockets and let it run down with the distress ink.
And tadaa, I have my very own ZombieSkull with it's brains coming out :)
I hope you enjoyed my mixed media altered art piece as much as I did!
(colour and recycling - and hopefully making someone green!)
CAGI - Starts with B (blood, bone, black, brains)